Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Summer Mission Part 2?

I just irritate the wack, leave them so confused
When I'm checkin on the mic with the ones and twos
Sneak you a peek of the drunk technique
Can't stand up, need to take a seat...


We are fast approaching the unofficial start of Summer, Memorial Day. For the handful of you who remember...let me rephrase that, for the couple of you that remember, it was last Memorial Day when the Slushy Gutter Summer’s Summer Mission officially started. The concept was simple: drink 528 beers during the 2006 Summer (between Memorial Day and Labor Day.)

The Commish finished the challenge with about 64 hours to spare, and now with the Summer of 2007 looming, the question is “will that ahole do that stupid sh*t again?” As of now, I’m not really sure. Last year was fun, but damn, that was a lot of beer. Do the math and it was about 37 beers a week. My liver is shivering in the corner at the memories. Like any decision, I’ve compiled the PROS and CONS of repeating of even upping the ante of a possible Slushy Gutter Summer Mission: The Sequel.

CONS: Pianos lodged on my head (better known as hangovers), my penis might turn orange, I might burn down Andre Rison’s house, entire paycheck spent by 5:20pm Friday on shots, simple act of walking becomes cumbersome, I could share a burger with David Hasselhoff, skin becomes shade of a Coors Light can’s silver, no one likes vomit in their 4th of July potato salad, storing beer in Coors Field humidor might be construed as trespassing, any blog entry that includes “and after I banged the gorilla” is not good, summer festivals at which the kids think I’m a clown does not reflect well, mysteriously ending up in Mike Vick’s backyard holding a pitbull, appear in a 50 Cent diss video in my boxer shorts, I might fight Dan O’Dowd, I’ll record a track called “Drankin” under the name ‘Young Mish,’ stank breath causes small children to pass out, Willie Nelson won’t return my calls, and I might end up forgetting to wear underwear and having the paparrazzi take photos.

PROS: Beer is good.

Damn, it's neck and neck, a definite tough decision. What do you think?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Travis said...

Bahahahaha, classic.

Do It man! Do it!
I was wondering if you were going to do it again. I wasn't around last summer, but I went back and read through it when I first discovered your blog. I'm not sure I'd be able to pull it myself, I might be past my drinking "prime", but it would be an interesting challenge.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have Mrs Commish call me if you decide to do this.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should go ahead and do it again. We had such fun last time.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh....

Why don't you pass the torch? Or see if you and all of your drunk friends and fellow bloggers can drink 5,280 beers this summer?

Sounds like Travis is game for at least 300.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put me down for 3!

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking if some beer company will sponser the next challange? might have to be a small micro most big companies won't do it all the s$it about corporate responsibiliy...bad pub etc

2:45 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

hollister clothing, air max, wedding dress, baseball bats, vans, pandora uk, ralph lauren, moncler, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, ray ban, swarovski jewelry, toms outlet, canada goose pas cher, timberland shoes, converse shoes, ugg, hollister canada, links of london uk, moncler, karen millen, moncler, hollister, nike air max, montre femme, canada goose uk, canada goose, uggs canada, converse, oakley, moncler, moncler, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton canada, coach outlet, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, gucci, replica watches, moncler, parajumpers outlet, lancel, swarovski uk, iphone 6 case, louboutin, thomas sabo uk, canada goose

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home