Monday, January 21, 2008

Hola to mi familia!

Yo, I come with that ol' loco
Style from my vocal
Couldn't peep it with a pair of bifocals...

The Commish and the Mrs. enjoyed some much needed time off over the past week plus in beautiful Cozumel. While enjoying the gorgeous weather and scenery, the trip was full of Slushy Gutter Summer inspired moments:

***Watching former CU kicker Mason Crosby in a blizzard and freezing temps while I sucked down cold one after cold one while in 80 degree temps brought a smile to my face. While he kicked in the same weather a week later, I was facing a 70 degree difference while coming home. Thanks Mason.
***A Reggae bar…in Mexico…playing Tupac
***Albums listened to: Ghost’s Big Doe Rehab, Jamal’s Last Chance, No Breaks, Lupe’s The Cool, and MF Doom’s Live From Planet X
***Nebraska fans at the resort were too numerous, I am surprised that Mexican immigration authorities let them into the country.
***Mean mugs between myself and said Nebraska fans: many.
***On the beautiful eastern shore of the island, a small beach bar with a Colorado flag behind the bar. No John Denver music though.
***Cruising said eastern side (a remote area with no electricity, but complete with funky beach bars along the stretch- here's one, Coconut's is another top choice) in our Jeep rental, songs that came to mind: Common’s “Soul by the Pound”, LL’s “Back Seat”, and Nine’s “Wuthca Want.”
***Walking into the Time Share Sales Office to rent the Jeep, I was reminded of the movie “Boiler Room” which included the Pharaoh Monch classic “Simon Says.”
***One great thing from the Time Share presentation: mineral water, salt, and lime is a great hangover cure.
***After winning poolside Bingo, number of douchebags who screamed “Broncos suck!” while I accepted my prize in my Donkey hat: 1
***Book report: “77” by Terry Frei- a good look at the 1977 Bronco Super Bowl team and the changing city and region at that time. A must read for old school Bronco fans. Also, “Meat Market” by ESPN’s Bruce Feldman about the crazy world of college football recruiting, a few mentions of Colorado ties.
***Senor Frogs and Hard Rock Café could possibly be the lamest places on Earth.
***Mexican cervezas drank: Corona, Dos XX, Pacifico, Sol, Tecate and Tecate Light.
***Number of gringo beers: zero
***Number of seconds Mrs. Commish counted down until the 10am bars opened: 20
***Biggest shock when I arrived home? The cold? A return to the grind? Traffic? No, Linas Kleiza scored 41 points!?
***Medio Derretido Canal Verano es stupido: Slushy Gutter Summer is wack

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon this place when googling "Rabid Goldfish"....and I've really enjoyed the cornucopia, er, buffucopia of topics discussed here. Cool blog.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy to say that my picture is among the many at Coconuts in their albums. That was a crazy day and many cervezas

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home