Thursday, March 20, 2008

Deep Sixed


It's like that, you know it's like that
I got it hemmed, now you never get the mic back
When I attack, there ain't an army that could strike back
So I react never calmly on a hype track…

Quick hitters from the excruciating loss to the Sixers last night:

-The love fest between the Sixer crowd and AI was almost uncomfortable, you know, like that brother and sister who are a little “too close” and it makes you kind of uneasy. I thought Rocky Balboa was gonna come onto the court and give AI a back rub. AI’s almost remorseful comments postgame were from the vein of a man who just saw a chick he dropped a few years back and now she’s rock hard and flaunting it.

-For the first time maybe all year, Marcus Camby looked his age. The second night of back-to-back’s might be wearing on him this late in the year. Along with his front line mates of K-Mart and Melo, they were getting ridiculously hammered on the boards. K-Mart and Melo seemed disinterested in getting into position and snatching some boards. On the other hand, Kleiza and Eddie Najera were active as ever, they just can’t compete physically with the Sixers’ bigs.

-0 for 14 to start the 4th quarter? When you go 1976 Tampa Bay in any stretch of any basketball game, the odds are stacked high you will not win.

-Call me an alarmist, but last night was the beginning of the proverbial nail in the coffin. Two and half back with 14 to play? Say it ain’t so, Mr. Kroenke, but your luxury tax team is going to be watching ping pong balls this year.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to say it, but it kinda looks like it's time to either 86 Karl or look to try and make a blockbuster deal for Melo.

Melo just seems like he doesn't care way too often for a guy with a max deal.

I watched that game last night, and the shear amount of times he'd drive the lane and throw up a bad shot surrounded by 3 guys was alarming. I get trying to draw the foul and all, but seriously, if it doesn't work the first couple of times, try something else? Like passing maybe?

Camby looks to be on his last legs, K-Mart's actually been decent, but the fact that he can't shoot from more than 15 inches kinda sucks and limits the crunch time options.

And it's looking increasingly like A.I. may be gone after this year.

I'm wondering if you can package a guy or two and move up in this draft, there's some serious talent out there to be had.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guys, Im serious, but last night I lacerated my hand during that game. I was so mad, I swiped at the door jamb in my crib and cuaght the hinge.

Regardless, Im still POed. That non-goaltending call v Melo!? Stupid. Bring back Bryant Stith

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home