Friday, June 27, 2008

I Love the 2000 Beers

I seen the light excite all the freaks
Stack mad chips, spread love with my peeps...


I've always enjoyed VH1's series "I Love the 80's" and the subsequent "I Love the 90's." There were snippets of my youth, some Hip Hop (the Gerardo segment still cracks me up), and some sports. But the later "I Love the 90's" were a bit weird, since that shit seemed like it just happenned. Now I turn on VH1 and don't see MC Serch looking for the next great female rapper, Flavor Flav acting like a jackass, or sorrid tales of rock stars gone bad, but rather "I Love the New Millenium," a look at the decade we are currently in. They're talking about events that literally just happened and things that some of us have yet to even buy.

Got me thinking if the 2006 and 2007 versions would reminisce on the lame, no-talent, wack, played out endeavor that was the Slushy Gutter Summer Missions. You know those ridiculous beer counting Summers of 528 beers and then 5280 beers. Alas, they never mentioned them and we were spared the humiliation. Since the 2008 version won't be out until January 2nd, 2009, they thankfully won't be able to recount the past week of a few Lumpy Dogs at Slick Rips bday celebration, the mad smoooooooth CL's at the Arvada Gold Strike Days (along with a couple New Belgium Skinny Dips) or the tasty Miller Chills or Blue Moon Honey Wheat beers that were devoured this past week. (140)

RELATED: The Commish must pay his debt for mentioning Gerardo with Opio's "Don Julio" and Dilated Peoples' "Worst Comes to Worst"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home