Thursday, August 14, 2008

No Sweat the Technique

The director flip a script like Rob Reiner
The way a lotta dudes rhyme their name should be knob shiner...

Last summer (409) and the summer before that (469), around now I would’ve been really sweating. Because I wouldn’t be at all close to the 528 beers down my pipes goal that was laid out. 2008? Another summer…another number. And I don’t give a damn about no stinking numbers.
I can whisk the days and nights away at the Edgewater Inn, swilling mass goblets of beer and pizza, enjoy Sunshine Wheats at Arvada’s Grandview Tavern, and down a variety of beers on Denver’s Old South Pearl. I swilled many beers at the traditional summer one-year old’s bday party and nary a foul glare went my way. I can drink Pete’s Rally Cap Ale, Miller Chills, Red Stripes, and of course smooooooooooth CLs and not blink twice about trying to reach that statistically insignificant number.
In fact, I’ve eliminated that number from my life. Curse you, 528! If I get a raffle ticket, a race bib, a DMV number with that on it, I flush it down the nearest toilet. It’s August, there’s only three weekends left, and 528 is the furthest from my mind.(378 )
RELATED: The Beatnuts - "Props Over Here" ("But don't sweat that, cuz I'm let you keep your head.")

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't need a number anyway ...

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home